Saturday, March 3, 2012

Paul Smith A/W '12

Paul Smith A/W '12

Paul Smith A/W '12

Paul Smith A/W '12

Paul Smith A/W '12

Paul Smith A/W '12

Paul Smith A/W '12

Paul Smith A/W '12

Paul Smith A/W '12

Paul Smith A/W '12

Paul Smith A/W '12

Paul Smith A/W '12

Paul Smith A/W '12

DSC_0448


This feels like ages ago (let's be honest, it has been weeks). This also was the first major show I've ever been to. I've been to a couple of smaller shows before, but never a show of this hugeness, with all those important (or seemingly) important people.
I could nearly touch the fabrics, but I had to hold my camera, so I obviously didn't.

However, this is not stuff I'd wear (except for the blue suit) but still adore. Paul Smith is a master of Fashion and his clothes, unlike so many other male designer clothes, don't feel sexist or deminishing towards women to me. I have a problem with a lot of male designers who make womenswear. How can you make womenswear when you don't understand what it means to be a woman? I don't know. Nontheless, I think Meadham Kirchhoff make a great job of that. But they care for feminism. They make those quirky, doll-like, cute clothes, but you're still a woman, a strong woman in them. Unlike almost everyone else.

I prefer women who make womenswear. Gotta be honest. Still, Paul Smith, I like your style!

No comments:

Post a Comment